NVidia lookout: Here comes ATI Radeon 9700...

Well having owned pretty much every nvidia card since the TNT, i suppose you could have called me an nVidiot but then i jumped the bandwagon and got an 8500. Best card ive ever owned and i wish i hadnt sold it and got a gf4, but hey Ill definatly be buying this r300, anyone want a ti4400 ?.

Slack Space 1613 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
Well having owned pretty much every nvidia card since the TNT, i suppose you could have called me an nVidiot but then i jumped the bandwagon and got an 8500. Best card ive ever owned and i wish i hadnt sold it and got a gf4, but hey

Ill definatly be buying this r300, anyone want a ti4400 ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
OP
Yeah, and its not like those are officially released. Nvidia only stick 1 up on there site every few months.

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
OP
Ive had a few probs with a couple of sets of nvidia drivers, but it was only with 2 of the most recent versions. Just consisting of dropping to desktop, and 1 blue screened the pc on shutdown. Doesnt occur with 99% of the drivers though, and never with the official ones.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
Quote:
ATi has the same problem AMD has. They have to overcome Years of mediocre products, so they have to fight twice as hard to get the same customers.

IMO they released this card too close the the NV30.
If they could have pulled it off 3 months ago that would have been a true Geforce killer.

It will take at least 2 good leading edge Video Cards in a row to get my attention. Till then, I wish them the best

Mediocore?

ALl-in wonder radeon 128mb card, even the 64mb
and now this (9700)

there is your 2 cards.

HECK!! ALL!! of the "all in wonder" cards

Nvidia just tried to release a "all in wonder" card a while back, and it got laughed at to the ground!

the rage fury maxx was a great card, for it's times, first 64mb card, just they did crap on NT support / 2k.

but at that time it was a "gamers" card, and gamers did not use NT or 2k.

i would always prefer ATI over Nividia, if your not a "gamer".

Although i did buy an g4 4600, cause i could not find an ATi all in wonder DV card 128mb around, and have bene getting more into games lately (dam u gta 3!! and spiderman) So ithought i would see what all this Nvidia hype is about, i now wish i had of waited for the NEW ati chip to come out.

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
Quote:

Well... TELL ME!

* lol!

APK

P.S.=> I like it man... good stuff! apk

lol

were the heck did i post that...lol

anyways, just use the tag and end it with

Code:
SIG IN HERE [/size

followed with /size]

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
The MAXX was NEVER a good card. EVER.

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
^^^^
what was not good about it?

it worked fine for my uncles the 2 years he had it, no problems, nothing, made games look great!..... (compared to his old all in wonder 128 32mb PRO card.

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
^^^
lol

kew kew!

looks ncie!

i post so much i forget what i have posted!

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Looks like the 9700 may be hard on the eyes. Check out:
http://www.3dgpu.com for the subject "ATI 9700 Pro Lowers Refresh Rates vs Their 8500"

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
OP
Well yeah....its a brand new card, what do you expect and they have already said that problems such as BF1942 crashing will be fixed in the next driver release.

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

1117 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-23
Quote:Well yeah....its a brand new card, what do you expect and they have already said that problems such as BF1942 crashing will be fixed in the next driver release.
I expect them to work right out of the box, just like every nvidia card I've ever owned. It's exactly this kind of thing that makes me stay loyal to nvidia.

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
DS is a wind bag, but I have to agree with him on ATi. I was a long time user of various products, and I was hoping they would put together a good driver team that would be similar to what nVidia has. Maybe that's asking too much...

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
Quote:Quote:DS is a wind bag, but I have to agree with him on ATi. I was a long time user of various products, and I was hoping they would put together a good driver team that would be similar to what nVidia has. Maybe that's asking too much...

It may be asking a bit much... there's not alot of guys that code that get into that section of things really, it's not "visible" & useable to most folks is why!
APK

Then don't make half-a$$ed products. If you can't support them properly, then stay out of the biz. I don't see why they can't manage to get a decent team together, since they have made a ton of money over the years with their Mach and Rage chips in low-end PCs and Servers.

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
OP
Well ive just ordered 1 of these 9700pros so ill let you know how it goes

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
You're a wildman.

1015 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-29
OP
I just couldnt resist, it was begging me to buy it

I need help

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Me too. I got bored. More than likely I'll think it's a POS but if I'm completely thrown by suprise I'll be amazed. If it is a POS then I can always find some n00b I can sell it to for $400. (Bought it for $369)