Nvidia with Fedora core 1 + New kernel 2.6.8.1

Any idea where i can find a rpm package for the Nvidia graphics driver using the 2. 6. 8. 1 kernel? Philip Prescott-Decie.

Slack Space 1613 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar11.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-27
Any idea where i can find a rpm package for the Nvidia graphics driver using the 2.6.8.1 kernel?

Philip Prescott-Decie

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
The last that I looked, the NVIDIA packages supported the 2.6 kernels, since their release 1.0-5336.

Any reason why you don't want to use NVIDIA'S packages?

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

305 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-30
I'm running the latest drivers from nvidia with a custom 2.6.8 kernel on Debian Sid. The nvidia scripts works well in most cases but I have trouble with the custom kernel. unless you have special needs the nvidia install scripts is usually the best way to go. I know nvidia did away with there official rpms to focus on a universial driver.

fun screen shot Here.

data/avatar/default/avatar11.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-27
OP
Truth is i just got desparate with all the Nvidia problems i've come over the last few weeks. I had to buy a new computer as there was a terminal error with my motherboard and it in a sence overcooked itself till it caught on fire.. (don't know how this actually happened all i know is that it cooked itself clean!) so i went out and got a new box which came with XP and an Nvidia card, having been quite attatched to my Fedora Core 1 i set down to reinstalling and upgrading as necesary. So i got the new Kernel and found that Nvidia does not have a precompiled packeage for it.. In the end i just had to run the installer and it made its own which has turned out to be a bit buggy, glitches when pressing teh TAB key etc..

Thanks once again.

Philip Prescott-Decie