Old Dynamix Games Under Win2000

Has anyone been able to get some of the older Dynamix or Coktel Vision (both Sierra On-Line brands) to work under Win2000? I have gotten nearly ever old Sierra DOS game to run great under Win2000 w/VDMS.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-08
Has anyone been able to get some of the older Dynamix or Coktel Vision (both Sierra On-Line brands) to work under Win2000? I have gotten nearly ever old Sierra DOS game to run great under Win2000 w/VDMS. For whatever reason, Dynamix and Coktel Vision games use a different install method and different API or something. I tried Heart of China, crashes at startup, tried moslo, no luck. Lost in Time, usually crashes at startup, almost got it working using moslo but mouse is totally messed up, and no sound under VDMS. I have been told Rise of the Dragon crashes on startup also. Anyone have any ideas? :x

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-08
OP
I tried running both Dynamix games above with DOSBox, with virtually the same results as Win2k, except Heart of China displayed a GIANT, messed up commandline after it crashed (only "C:\" was visible, and it took up the screen 8) )