Paint Shop Pro 7.02 and my Geforce 2 GTS

Hello People. . . Whilst working on some graphics for a new website, I came across a really annoying problem. I mostly use Paint Shop Pro 7 to do all my graphics, and have never had trouble before. Everything is fine, until I start doing selections, either with the Selection Tool, Freehand Selection or Magic Wand, ...

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

187 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-10-23
Hello People...

Whilst working on some graphics for a new website, I came across a really annoying problem.

I mostly use Paint Shop Pro 7 to do all my graphics, and have never had trouble before.

Everything is fine, until I start doing selections, either with the Selection Tool, Freehand Selection or Magic Wand, the computer slows to a crawl. The mouse moves like a 1mm per minute across the screen. If I take the selection off, everything is fine again.

Now, this ain't some dozy 486 running Windows 2000, this a Athlon T/Bird 1.2 Ghz!!

Specs:

Athlon 1.2 Ghz (On 266Mhz FSB)
640Mb RAM (PC133)
Guillemot Geforce 2 GTS (32Mb) (With 12.00 Detonators)
Abit KT7-A Raid
Version 7.02 of Paint Shop Pro

Now, I'm thinking its the graphics card? or to be more to the point, the Detonator drivers. Anyone know what the 2D limitations are of these drivers, as everyone always seems to be interested in the 3D properties foremost.

Suggestions are welcome. Solutions would be a godsend.

Thanx

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar33.webp

269 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-02-06
I got the same problem here. Had it since psp 7.00, then tried 7.01 and 7.02. They all have this problem. I used to have psp 6.0 and it worked fine on the same config and also in win2k, but i of course have changed detonator drivers since then...

my system:

p3 800EB@852
abit be6-2
256 MB RAM PC133
hercules geforce ddr (detonators 11.01)
sblive value
win2k

I never thought it could be a detonator problem. but it seems it is. on my parent's computer psp 7 works fine.

config:

Celeron 600@750
Sis 8 MB videocard
320 MB RAM PC100
Guillemot fortissimo
win2k

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

187 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-10-23
OP
Perhaps its something Jasc should be made aware of.

I don't think I suffered from it under previous Detonator drivers, only the latest ones (10.40 - 12.00).

I know that there is newsgroup for Paint Shop Pro. I'm gonna go have a snoop around it and see if anyone suffers the same problem.

Homer

data/avatar/default/avatar08.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-08-25
Let us know if you find something
I have this problem too

Geforce DDR with probably every detonator version I've had installed (currently 12.00)