Please Help!

Hello, I stumbled across this website while trying to figure out how to fix my problem with DirectX, and I figured that someone on here may be able to help me. Please don't be mad at me if I posted this in the wrong area or it has already been posted about.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-29
Hello,
I stumbled across this website while trying to figure out how to fix my problem with DirectX, and I figured that someone on here may be able to help me. Please don't be mad at me if I posted this in the wrong area or it has already been posted about. Here is my problem: I recently purchased the Sims 2 for $50 and I took it home to install it. I tried to install, and was told that I needed DirectX 9.0c. No big deal, I went to get that off the internet. I can download the files for DirectX 9.0c, but when I get to the setup/install for it, I get this error message: "A cabinet file necissary for installation can not be trusted." I click okay on that, and it says, "Installation failed." I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix this, but nothing I try works. If there is anyone on here that has had the same problem and/or knows how to fix it, the information would be greatly appreciated!
BTW: I am trying to download as a computer administrator, so that's not the problem.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic