Please Help! I'M Lost! WIN XP to 2003 Server

Hi, I have an older windows machine that was running windows XP PRO just fine. I decided I was going to use it as a server and proceded to upgarde to the Windows SBS 2003. After copying the files, the setup restarted the computer and when it came back up, nothing but a blank screen.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-19
Hi,

I have an older windows machine that was running windows XP PRO just fine. I decided I was going to use it as a server and proceded to upgarde to the Windows SBS 2003. After copying the files, the setup restarted the computer and when it came back up, nothing but a blank screen. I have tried EVERYTHING. I re-formated the HDD, re-partioned it, tried other HDD's from other working computers with OS's already loaded, I even cleared the CMOS and BIOS and yet, same problem. I can boot off a cd and setup seems to read the disks just fine and even copied the files to the HDD for installation, but when it restarts, it shows the Compaq logo and then just hangs at the blank screen. Any ideas before i throw it out the window! Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic