PLEASE help me!Norton 2005 difficulty!Thanks

hi there When I try install Norton 05 Internet Security s box comes up IDSERR_REGISTERWITHLIVEUPDATE when I hit ok. . . . . A box comes up saying SETUP ERROR- NORTON 2=INTERNET SECURITY 2005 INSTALLATION HAS FAILED.

Windows Security 292 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-21
hi there
When I try install Norton 05 Internet Security s box comes up

IDSERR_REGISTERWITHLIVEUPDATE
when I hit ok.....
A box comes up saying
SETUP ERROR-
NORTON 2=INTERNET SECURITY 2005 INSTALLATION HAS FAILED.DO YOU WANT TO TRY TO INSTALL AGAIN..
If I hit retry,same problem again...
How the hell do I get around this!?
PLEASE help and if you know how,try keep it as simple as possible not great with PCS
THANKS
D

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-21
Have you had a previous version of Norton Antivirus/Internet Security etc. installed on your PC?

There is a possiblity that the previous version is still hanging around without being properly un-installed.

Is your PC upto the minimum requirements for Norton?

Please post reply.

Gadget

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-21
OP
Hi..
thanks..
My PC is a Windows XP,and no there is no other Norton stuff on it,I cant really figure it out...I thought it might be spyware etc. so I D/loaded Spybot Search And Destroy but no...
could it be my settings?

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-25
I am having the same exact problem as eirepunk. I try to install NIS 2005 and I get this error message that says "IDSinst.exe" which states that "IDSERR_REGISTERWITHLIVEUPDATE" I have tried everything to get this fixed. I keep deleting prior norton files and the live update and I keep restarting my pc and trying to install but I keep getting the same thing!!! I have been trying to download this for days and I am getting very frustrated!!! What can I do to get this problem fixed. I was going to call tech support, but they charge $30. per problem which is crazy!!! And from what I hear they don't help out a bit. Please help me!!!
-maureen_32683

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-29
Me too,and its driving me mad...
Surely somebody knows how to fix it...

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-29
Can you install it first without LiveUpdate thingy and get that later?

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-02-28
Hi,

I have tried several times to install Norton Internet Security 2005. Each time, the following error message appears: "Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Do you want to try to install again?".

I already tried the solutions proposed on Symantec website:
1) Verify that the computer is virus free --> the scan didn't detect any viruses
2) Make sure needed Windows services are running --> Task scheduler correctly works
3) Uninstall and reinstall all your Symantec programs

None of these solutions has worked. Could you please advise me on what to do to sort it out?

I have Windows XP, service pack 2.
I purchased Norton internet security 2005 (student edition) in February.

Cheers,

Julien

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-06-25
I fought the same problem, no matter what I did I kept getting the same error's. I then turned off the windows firewall and it installed with no problems.

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-07-29
I have solved the same problem with remove Hacktool.Rootkit Virus on 63 files in the PC with Windows XP family SP1. I have used Symantec Recovery disk with last virus definitions.
Sacha PERZOFF (Switzerland)