Printer sharing NT and Win2000

Can anyone help me. I have NT workstation linked by network to a win2000 pc with a shared HP deskjet 890c. Every time i try to add the printer to my own printers, the PC errors on every driver I install, even from the install disk of the printer.

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-13
Can anyone help me.

I have NT workstation linked by network to a win2000 pc with a shared HP deskjet 890c.

Every time i try to add the printer to my own printers, the PC errors on every driver I install, even from the install disk of the printer.

I have installed from internet every driver I can get hold of, but there must be a driver out there for sharing printers.

Many thanks

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

397 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-13
Quote:Can anyone help me.

I have NT workstation linked by network to a win2000 pc with a shared HP deskjet 890c.

Every time i try to add the printer to my own printers, the PC errors on every driver I install, even from the install disk of the printer.

I have installed from internet every driver I can get hold of, but there must be a driver out there for sharing printers.

Many thanks

You need to have the w2k driver loaded on the w2k machine, and the NT driver loaded on the NT machine for that to work. Appropriate drivers do seem to be available.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/dj890c_swen.html