Problem installing Norton Internet Security 2005

I have recently downloaded the Norton Internet Security 2005 to replace the Norton Antivirus 2003 that I had on my computer. The installation was almost complete when I was promted to restart the computer to complete the installation.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-10
I have recently downloaded the Norton Internet Security 2005 to replace the Norton Antivirus 2003 that I had on my computer. The installation was almost complete when I was promted to restart the computer to complete the installation. However, when the computer restarted the message just appeared again. Also, if I click on the icon on the toolbar or the icon on the desktop it again says that the computer needs to be restarted to finish installation. I went to add/remove programs, thinking I could remove the program and then download it again from the website but when I try to remove it it tells me that setup has detected that I have uninstalled or installed in the program and the computer needs to be restarted to finish. No matter how many times I restart the computer, the message is the same. I'm running on Windows 98.

Please Help!

Thanks,
CB

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-08
I personally never liked norton at all. It seemed to take up too much in the background. I play allot of different games and never seem to have any problems with pccillin wich came with my motherboard. As for how to fix norton...I wouldn't, I would switch to pccillin. Although this is just a personal preference.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-02
i heard that their is a virus that prevents you from installing a new antivirus. i also heard that their is a program that you can download from norton that will eliminate the problem so you can install and then eliminate that virus. I do not know the name of the program though... If someone knows please tell me
Lewis0588@hotmail.com