Problems loading sims 2 on windows server 2003

I recently installed server 2003 on my home pc. I know with server a lot of the hardware is not accelerated to it's full potential. I have a geforce4 mx 440 128mb graphics card. When i go to play the sims 2.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-04
I recently installed server 2003 on my home pc. I know with server a lot of the hardware is not accelerated to it's full potential. I have a geforce4 mx 440 128mb graphics card. When i go to play the sims 2. i get this message failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! please make sure you have directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. the app will now terminate. Now I am pretty sure my graphics card is directx 9.0c compatible. I am just wondering if there are some options i need to enable. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

738 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-11
Have you :

1) Installed the latest DX version?
2) Installed the latest detonators / foreware from www.nvidia.com
3) Turned on hardware acceleration within the control panel applet?
4) Turned on the audio service?

Helper: http://www.neowin.net/articles.php?action=more&id=54

And I must comment, that Win2k3 Server is not a Gaming OS or a workstation OS.
[Edited by ds3circuit on 2004-09-24 01:59:46]

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-04
OP
Thanks for the help but i just figured out how to fix it. I had to configure directx through dxdiag. Yeah i know it is not a gaming os. I don't really play that many games. I just love the stability of the server series.

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-10-03
I've had Windows Server 2003 installed on my home computer for a while, and I somehow managed to fool aorund with the Directx settings to be able to play FFXI. Now the problem I have is loading the Sims 2 disk. My CD-ROMs are fine, but they won't even pick up the disk for installation.

The only message I get is "Please insert a disk into Drive D:."

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-10-03
Errr.... nevermind... I just realized this box says "Special DVD Edition" in big bold letters.... and I don't have a DVD-ROM... hehehe