Radeon 9000 driver problem

tried searching, no help. . I got myself a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis video card with 128MB of RAM, and I installed it and booted up into Win XP, but for some reason, I can't get any drivers to work with it.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar23.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-22
tried searching, no help..
I got myself a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis video card with 128MB of RAM, and I installed it and booted up into Win XP, but for some reason, I can't get any drivers to work with it.. I tried the drivers that came with the card, I tried the drivers on the Sapphire website, and I've even tried the reference drivers posted by ATI.. I formatted my hard drive in hopes of getting somewhere with this, but the same thing happened: whenever I install the driver the machine reboots on its own and after the "Starting Windows XP" splash screen comes up I get a blank screen with 2 small dashes at the top of the screen... that's it... does anyone know why no driver is working? any help, please ;(

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
the dashes, how long have u left it there?

i have experienced that, and it lasted maybe 3-4 mins, then booted up fine and never did that again...

have u tried maybe some "older" driver for that card, if u can get them?

what are teh rest of the specs on your system?