Radeon 9000 Pro

Has anyone bought one? Don't trust benchmarks. Want to upgrade my Radeon VIVO 64DDR and can't afford the puffdaddy 9700. Any opinions? cheers. .

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

13 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-11-16
Has anyone bought one?

Don't trust benchmarks. Want to upgrade my Radeon VIVO 64DDR and can't afford the puffdaddy 9700.

Any opinions?

cheers.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

193 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-08
ATI hasnt got things in the mod range to compete with Nvidia, true their 9700PRO is great on every aspect, but with the price tag and early adoption problems, there still need something like 9500/PRO king of offering for the mid range, to say compete with the TI4200 kind of thing, as the current 9000PRO is not really up to the level of G4 TI level. AFAIK, current TI4200 boards are starting to use the A3 stepping of the G4 TI core, which technically speaking is the same core of the TI4600, just pick some good board and power design offer, and you are in for a bargain TI4600.

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

37 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-03-17
I don't really care which new vid card i buy next, after buying my first PC with a diamond stealth 2400 2D card then a S3 GX + 3DFX monster 3D card, to a prolink TNT2 M64 PCI card, any card i buy next will be an improvement by a few hundred fps in any game....i thought when i bought my tnt2 card it was the best thing cuz i could finally play D3D games under win2kxp lol...stupid driver support for 3dfx ended back before win2k was released so i was stuffed....just out of curiousity which card would any of u buy out of a gf4 4200 or a radeon 9000 pro 128mb? knowing the gf4 card is a bit faster but with less features like full directx 8.1 and older pixel shader engine?

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
My vote goes to the Geforce4 ti4200, but if you wait a bit, you'll be able to get a ti4400 for about the same price.... probably around christmas time when nv30 is released... Pure speculation, of course....

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

193 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-08
What is that pounding sound on the webpage of nvidia showing "Are you ready?", 600 lb. gorilla or sound of hay hitting. Have to see, amen....OOH!