Resident Evil 2 Win 2000 problems...

Hi. . . Recently i've tried to run my copy of Resident Evil 2 9Platinium or not - i don't know the differences). I played for a long time without saving. . . Then, i had to go to sleep, and a made a save.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-10
Hi... Recently i've tried to run my copy of Resident Evil 2 9Platinium or not - i don't know the differences). I played for a long time without saving... Then, i had to go to sleep, and a made a save... now i can't load any save, and in the place of the name there is ponly blank space, and on the bottom of the screen is written "Leon A waiting Room" or something like that...
I read the help for win XP Re 2 problems, but i don't know how to do this in Win 2000...
Could anybody helpe me, Please?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-28
i had the same problem on windows xp so try this and it should do the same that it did for me. i have downloaded version if resident evil 2 but it should still have same effect.

LOAD GAME FIX (BY MEEEEE)

If you play RE2 normally on Windows XP (or windows 2000 in your case) you won't be able to load games. So to be able
to load games you must change the compatability setting. Also, once the settings have
been changed, the graphics will look worse. So follow these steps to have it running
perfect:

1. Change the compatability setting for either "LEONP" or "CLAIREP" to "run in Windows 95"

to do this right click on leonp or clairep OR WHATEVER OTHER .EXE FILE YOU USE TO OPEN THE GAME, and go to properties, then compatability then change to "run in Windows 95".

To have the game running with sharp images, open the options in the graphics setup and set the device setup
to "Unknown Card" (or if it says the name of your graphics card, set it to that)

THESE ARE THE RESOLUTION (go to graphics setup to change resolution)

1. To play in Fullscreen - Use "320x240 16BitColour Fullscreen"
2. To play in 640x480 Window - Use "320x240 16BitColour Window"
3. To play in 320x240 Window - Use "320x240 _> 640x480 16BitColour Fullscreen"

There you go. now it should be working with no problems!! hope it helped.

Oh and i dont have any movie cutscenes on my copy of resident evil 2 since mines dowloaded. i really want them like the introduction movies before you play etc. do you know where i can get the files?

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Thanks for reviving an old thread.

Thread closed.