sapphire radeon 9200 se Problem in CS 1.6

hi here are my specs intel pentium 4 3ghz 40gb hd sapphire radeon 9200 se 128mb AGP 512 mb ram now the problem i get in Counter Strike is whenever i see an enemy or a corpse or a battle My fps drops from 100-50fps and it really affects my performance.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-08-13
hi

here are my specs
intel pentium 4 3ghz 40gb hd
sapphire radeon 9200 se 128mb AGP
512 mb ram

now the problem i get in Counter Strike is whenever i see an enemy or a corpse or a battle My fps drops from 100-50fps and it really affects my performance. my resolution in cs 1.6 is 800x600 and color is at 16bit, fps_max is at 101.. vsync is off, AA/AF is off.. My driver i am using is the latest ATI Omega Catalyst 5.7 driver, it is supposed to be better than the regular catalyst, but I still get the FPS drop I tried Omega Catalyst 3.7 but it made things worst (i donno why), CS wouldnt even open, so I just kept with the 5.7 addition. I cannot buy a new video card at this moment so i am stuck with this one..

Can anyone please tell me what to do to fix this so i can get a 100fps constant? Thank you all in advance

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar11.webp

14 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-04-12
CS 1.6 is not really optimized for new video card. It's based on half-life which is old.

but what is your desktop resolution ???
Try setting the same rez in game and on the desktop.

Are you using OpenGL , D3D or software mode ???
D3D is slower than OpenGL and trust me ... the only difference between our comp is 40gig of hdd space and I can my fps up in the 70+ except in non-official map like fy_icewolrd2k.

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-08-13
OP
i dont use d3d, i use opengl.. but in a official map i would still drop to about 50fps when i see enemy or when i shoot at them.. my desktop resolution is 1024x768 and my cs resolution is 800x600

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-12-17
i have the same prob with a fx5200
evry time i start half live or a mod i get 50fps when i see a enemy , teamate or something like this
i dont think its a problem with the cfg because im using a blizzard cfg but i would be interrested in the meaning of other gamers ill seek a lil bit more in other foren
(i hope my english is not that bad ^.^)