Scanace Primefilm scanner PF1800AFL

Wondering if anyone can help with compatibilty of a film scanner. This was purchased in the UK branded under a retailers name, but is manufacured by Scanace under the description PFL1800AFL. The installation CD was supposed to have XP drivers, but didn't, and a visit to the manufacturers site ( ) resulted in my dow ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-27
Wondering if anyone can help with compatibilty of a film scanner. This was purchased in the UK branded under a retailers name, but is manufacured by Scanace under the description PFL1800AFL. The installation CD was supposed to have XP drivers, but didn't, and a visit to the manufacturers site ( www.scanace.com) resulted in my downloading a driver said to be XP compatible. However the scanner will still not work - when trying to open from an imaging program I first get a message that there are problems with my computer communicating with the scanner, but then an interface window opens, but with all controls greyed out. Device manager says the scanner is properly installed, but when I switch it on I get a 'found new hardware' message. An email to the maufacturers has not been replied to ;(

Any help or comments would be gratefully received

Cliff

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.