server 2003 enterprise edition

hey all,thru a program offered at my school sponsored by microsoft im able to get full free versions of all of MS products all legaly,but only for me. im going to use the software for a centralized media server for my home(probably overkill using enterprise edition but what the hell it was free).

Customization Tweaking 1789 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-30
hey all,thru a program offered at my school sponsored by microsoft im able to get full free versions of all of MS products all legaly,but only for me .

im going to use the software for a centralized media server for my home(probably overkill using enterprise edition but what the hell it was free).

i was wondering if there were any tips or tricks you guys might have in setting it up etc.

thanx,
bit_junkie

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-30
OP
yeah i noticed right away it was kind of a mixture of the 2 OS's.
ive been using 2000 for sometime now and just in the past week i upgraded to winxp professional,which the more im using it the more im liking it.i've never used any of the server products before as i never had access to them.2003 server definately seems mor secure then the others though,i had to add microsoft update to my trusted sites zone lol