The Official UT 2003 thread

Hey all! Well it is out! after all this waiting for UT 2003 to arrive, it has come, 3 cd's in size (3rd cd is a bonus) as well has latest drivers for ATI and NIVIDIA on the 3rd CD as well a special direct X 8.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
Hey all!

Well it is out! after all this waiting for UT 2003 to arrive, it has come, 3 cd's in size (3rd cd is a bonus) as well has latest drivers for ATI and NIVIDIA on the 3rd CD as well a "special" direct X 8.1 update.

So, who has played it?

First off, love the NVIDIA advertising in the start up! Wonder how much that cost em!..lol

Well, got it installed, and began to play - 1 problem, it was so "round" and "big" as in guns and stuff i thought i was almost playing Quake, as well the speed of the game play, so i hated it off the bat.

I then messed around with the "game speed" put it up aropund 135% - now that was more like UT!.

the character selection is great - and i love how when u play single player u save your stats, a swell u pick players to be on your team that have diff. skills, which is nice.

The weapons? WTF!! did they do with the sniper riffle and the rocket launcher? The launcher you can only hold 3 grenades now instead of 5 and the sniper, or supposed to be sniper gun is an elctric bolt and it is VERY difficult to control , as well head shots are even harder now it seems as well. So my 2 fav weapons are the Flak canon canon balls (alternate fire) and of course still the rocket launcher)

Haven't played any live multiplayer yet, but working on it, you will need a VERY good comp to run a server off your computer with 10 or more players.

First i put it in on my work comp - p3 933 / 512pc133 / tnt2 32mb card - runs good on 800 x 600 with 16bit, and MAX player i can do is about 10, 8 comfortably, then it start to lag with any more, also out door maps lag pretty bad.

@ home on my Vaio - p4 1.8 / ti4600 ultra 128 / 512pc133 - runs GREAT!!! jack ALL the details up and no lag - smooth game.

I noticed here on my work comp, even though i had installed newer det driver (as UT told me mine were out of date during install) there are a few graphics glitches in the game where the screen goes all black, or a certain color when you walk through certain door ways, or look certains ways - this has only happened to me on 2 maps, but does not happen on my 4600 ultra, so must just be a new option my tnt2 don't got on it.

Anyways, all in all, takes a bit of getting used to, i wish they had of stayed away from the"Quake" feel of the game, as i don't like quake at all. But i would say get it if your a UT fan, although a friend here said he will stick to UT last one as opposed to this one.

So, any other thougts, comments?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

38 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-03-08
Isnt Freelancer allready released? I think I played it ages ago?

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

38 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-03-08
Isnt Freelancer allready released? I think I played it ages ago?

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-02
does ut2003 work on windows NT4.0?