Transcend JetFlash 256MB USB 2.0 - problem!

hi, i was conecting to my mainboard, the cables of the USB ports of the front side of my case, and i think that maybe i conected bad one pin, then i plugged-in my flashdrive transcend. . . then my PC recognized a new hardware but then it saids an error occured.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-22
hi, i was conecting to my mainboard, the cables of the USB ports of the front side of my case, and i think that maybe i conected bad one pin, then i plugged-in my flashdrive transcend...then my PC recognized a new hardware but then it saids an error occured...then i tried to plug in my flashdrive to USBport of the backside of the case...and it doesnt recognize it... in other computer neither... i think i killed it... but when i plug-in it to the USB port of the front side of my case... appears that a new hardware was found..but then that the driver is wrong... i know that my flashdrive maybe is dead (because my fault of connecting usb cables to the wrong pins in the mainboard) and because my father has the same flashdrive and my computer recognize it without any problem... but maybe is not dead at all because my computer recognize my flashdrive when i plug it but then appears that an error occured and the drivers of it are wrong...so maybe there are some tools or files to fix it ... to fix it bios...or i dont know...please help!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

1019 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-21
First plug power cable, then wait about 10 seconds to it power on, before plugging the usb cable in.

What error you got?
What OS you got? XP?

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-22
OP
hii...i have win2k adv server...the problem with my flashdrive was that...when i was refurbushing my computer ...i plugged-in the cables of the usb ports, to my mainboard...in the wrong place...

in pin number 1: Ground (and there should be +5v)
and in pin 4: +5v (where should be Ground)

then...when i turned on my computer... and plugged in my flashdrive... i think i burned it...or maybe one condenser is bad... because my fault i dont know what to do...maybe buy new one? hahaha

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

1019 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-21
Quote:
it doesnt recognize it... in other computer neither...

If the other computer(s) does not recognize it, then the device is most likely malfunction.

If the device's warranty is still valid, take it back to place where you bought it and replace it with new.