TvOut problems on a radeon 9600

I have a GigaCube radeon 9600 with 128MB ram. When I first tried the tvout it was working with no problems. But now it started to suck. It won't detect my TV that is connected to the tvout. If I short circuit the tvout I can enable tvout and when I plug in the TV everything works ok.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
I have a GigaCube radeon 9600 with 128MB ram.

When I first tried the tvout it was working with no problems. But now it started to suck. It won't detect my TV that is connected to the tvout. If I short circuit the tvout I can enable tvout and when I plug in the TV everything works ok. The picture on the TV is what it's suppose to be. When I plug the 4 pin tvout connector it detects the tv but the screen is b&w (probably cos it detects ntsc but it should be pal)

Even if I boot the computer with tv only (no monitor) it doesn't boot to the tv but to the monitor except for the 4 pin connector.

I guess it's a hardware problem. I'm going to try different cables and a different TV but since it works ok it just doesn't detect right is there any other tweak (beside short circuiting wich I find a little dangerous) to fool the ati drivers?

Any other ideas what could be worng? ;(

Please help!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

581 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-27
TV out ont he ati cards works right from the pc bios without any driver at all, so try with the card plugged ONLY into the tv(disconnect the monitor)

See if the bios shows and if the pc boots.

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
OP
No it doesn't. It boots to the monitor even if there is no monitor plugged in.

I've tried different tv's, different cables. No idea what else to try...