Untitled thread

I can't get my monitor to go to standby mode. I have specified in Power Options to turn off the monitor after 15 minutes (I've tried various periods). The display signal is cut off, i. e. the monitor displays just black at the correct time, but the monitor doesn't actually go to standby mode (the power led stays gr ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-11
I can't get my monitor to go to standby mode. I have specified in Power Options to turn off the monitor after 15 minutes (I've tried various periods). The display signal is cut off, i.e. the monitor displays just black at the correct time, but the monitor doesn't actually go to standby mode (the power led stays green instead of yellow). The same monitor did always go to real standby mode with my previous computer.

My hard drives do power down like they should. No USB devices are set to power up the system. Motherboard and display adapter have the latest bios and I have tried various versions of display adapter drivers. Can you point me the problem here? TIA.

Win XP Pro SP2
Monitor: Nokia 445Xi (oldish crt)
Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe
Display adapter: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

1019 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-21
Have you checked your BIOS settings?
Check your motherboard manual for more information how to enter BIOS, change values, etc.