Untitled thread

Just bought a new abit NF7 mobo with new processor, drives and memory. how ever did not buy a new video card used an old one that i can not remember if it works or not. well the VGA specs are as following: AGP 3.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-05-26
Just bought a new abit NF7 mobo with new processor, drives and memory. how ever did not buy a new video card used an old one that i can not remember if it works or not. well the VGA specs are as following:

AGP 3.0 8X spec supports high performance graphics processing at a peak bandwidth of 2.1GB/s.italic text

the video card is a gforce 2mx 200 and the specs for it is:

Graphics Processor / Vendor 1 NVidia GeForce2 MX 200
2D/3D Graphics Support:2D/3D Graphics Coprocessor / Vendor NVidia GeForce2 MX
Video Output:2D/3D Graphics Support 2D / 3D graphics acceleration
Video Output:Graphics Processor Data Width 256-bit
RAMDAC Clock Speed 175 MHzitalic text

wll tried to plce the old one into the vga slot and nothing happen. then placed a know good video card into the VGA slot and nothing happens again, nothing meaning no picture. well placed the old geforce card into a known good tower and a couple of beeps pop of from the speakers and it would not show a picture. place know good video card back into the know good tower and everything works. so i guess my question is did i fried the new mobo. if so how do i test if i did. keep in mind i have taken off all drives and tried to pull up just the bios and nothing shows up on the screen still with both video cards. please help!!!!! Any suggestion would help this very ignorant computer tech.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

62 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-06-09
I would hazard a guess that your mobo hates running in 2x/4x AGP mode, since it's an Abit board, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, they are pretty picky. So, your only option may be to bite the bullet and buy a new video card.