Untitled thread

All, I'm in the middle of doing a Windows Server 2003 course (Prep for the 70-290 exam) and I've been searching the net for a while now and cannot find the answer to the forthcoming question. Currently, I am running Server 2003 on a laptop, because redoing my desktop machine would be a nightmare.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

75 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-08
All,

I'm in the middle of doing a Windows Server 2003 course (Prep for the 70-290 exam) and I've been searching the net for a while now and cannot find the answer to the forthcoming question.

Currently, I am running Server 2003 on a laptop, because redoing my desktop machine would be a nightmare. Now, Server 2003 does not allow you to convert the hard disk on the laptop from Basic to Dynamic. So rather then waste 12 hours that I don't have with my desktop (backing up, etc), I am looking into emulation.

My question is, will VM Ware allow you to create dynamic disks INSIDE the emulated environmemt? I searched the VMWare website and wasn't able to find sweet f*** all. Also, this is one of the few times that Google let me down.

And if VMWare can't do it, does anyone know of a program that will?

Many MANY thanks if anyone can help me here.

DG

EDIT: Wow am I stressed. I forgot to post a jubject. My bad.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.