win2000 SBLive gameport problems

(excuse me, my English is terrible) Hi, I'm Alessandro and I write from Rome (ITA). I have been having for a few years a SB Live CT4830, OEM model. Few days ago changing from a gamepad to an analogical joystick, I have had problems to set the peripheral, now the card doesn't recognize them more.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-13
(excuse me, my English is terrible)

Hi, I'm Alessandro and I write from Rome (ITA). I have been having for a few years a SB Live CT4830, OEM model . Few days ago changing from a gamepad to an analogical joystick, I have had problems to set the peripheral, now the card doesn't recognize them more. Only connecting the Sidewinder the signals loop among state "ok" and "disconnected". I have tried to install new drivers but it doesn't change anything. Do I think re-install the bios but where do I find it? The Creative ones has responded me that also for them it's a problem of bios but doesn't give assistance for OEM cards .
Thanks Alessandro.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

1047 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-04-17
I don't think the problem lies in the BIOS....only if you are using onboard audio, then you have to enable the joystick port in the BIOS. It seems like there is a conflict with your joystick address, try running through Windows games troubleshooter or joystick troubleshooter to see if it helps. Click start, then help, then search for troubleshooter.