Win2000 SP3 and Sims house party

Hi! I have The Sims and 2 expansion packs, Livin Large and House Party (Hot date soon I hope). All of them are original CDs and worked just fine until today. . . ;( On my Win2000 sp2, it worked in fact very well! I could even do task switching!! But this was a week ago.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-23
Hi!

I have The Sims and 2 expansion packs, Livin Large and House Party (Hot date soon I hope). All of them are original CDs and worked just fine until today... ;(

On my Win2000 sp2, it worked in fact very well! I could even do task switching!! But this was a week ago.

Then I installed some new graphics drivers for my GeForce 2 MX. I updated 29.42 to version 30.82 with drivers from the actual card manufacturer, Creative.

AND!!! I have also installed, a week ago SP3, and now the game just doesn´t run properly!!! A few seconds after entering the game itself (after the main menu) the game just exits to desktop!!!!!!!! Always!!!

Don´t know what to do specially because I can´t uninstall SP3...

Anyway, does anybody have this game working on SP3 or does anybody have similar problem with SP3???

I have a lot of other games and ALL of them run fine!! Even EA games like FIFA 2002!

Don´t know what to do....

Thanx in advance

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-23
OP
Oops... Solved the problem!! It was just a bad saved game files problem!!

Used sims file cop and it found a few bad textures in one neighborhood that caused the game to crash!!

Well, I lost that neighborhood and I'll have to start it again but the important is the game works like a charm again!!!

Thanx anyway! 8)