win2003 server

Hi, I just got done dl win2003 server fro MS. The password requirement is very tough (gotta have at least 3 uniguw char in a pass i think). A Is there a way around this? Just a thought because my users get very touchy if they have to think to come up with a unique password.

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

114 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-02-27
Hi,
I just got done dl win2003 server fro MS. The password requirement is very tough (gotta have at least 3 uniguw char in a pass i think). A Is there a way around this? Just a thought because my users get very touchy if they have to think to come up with a unique password. It's easier to just have johndoe for a password versus 3john$Doe. I know...I know...it's the trust computing thing.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
You don't need to fill out all 3 conditions. I think 2 are enough like johndoe23.

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

114 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-02-27
OP
Are you sure? when I was testing it by creating a user profile it required me to have at least 3 (I will test it again. had to remove it for a reason)

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
It could have been Johndoe23 not johndoe23 but I'm pretty sure.

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-07-08
you can move these default restrictions, just go to the global policy for the domain (same place as in w2k) and delete them.

I did in on mine.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
never had that on mine - i got a warning message that said i should, but i hit okay and installation and such went on fine.