Windows 2000 Advanced Server Boot Disks

I have got Windows 2000 AS CD installer, it is an MSDN cd and so doesn't boot, the makeboot utility included doesn't work, can anyone help me here? A download working version of the make boot or, just the files need ed would be great, anything to help install it from BIOS, Since I will have to install on a blank co ...

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-16
I have got Windows 2000 AS CD installer, it is an MSDN cd and so doesn't boot, the makeboot utility included doesn't work, can anyone help me here? A download working version of the make boot or, just the files need ed would be great, anything to help install it from BIOS, Since I will have to install on a blank computer.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
You'll need to run the MKBOOT32 if you're within Windows attempting to create boot disks.

IIRC, the MSDN images are bootable however. Have you checked your BIOS settings?

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-16
OP
I tried that, but it comes up with an error saying that it "can't find the specified sector" or "the disk has a bad track0", it has done this with all of my disks, so it's not them, nothing I.ve tried has worked, I am now the proud owner of about 20 newly formatted disks, incase it might work, but it didn't, I need either working bootdisk or a non-broken version of the MKBOOT32 or MAKEBOOT programs included on the disk.

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Did you verify the CRC of the image from MSDN? It should be bootable, and shouldn't have any file corruption, assuming the CRC matches.

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

645 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-09-16
Yes I had an MSDN account a year or so ago and the Advanced Server ISO was bootable for me.