Windows 2000 Server, "Backup" tape problem....

I erased a tape here and did a test backup, which worked fine. (media created today june 16 2003) Then I stick in a new tape and removable storage reports this new tape created last week. (Jun 09 2003) (Daily backup for that day) I want to then test restore from that day.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

581 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-27
I erased a tape here and did a test backup, which worked fine. (media created today june 16 2003)

Then I stick in a new tape and removable storage reports this new tape created last week. (Jun 09 2003) (Daily backup for that day) I want to then test restore from that day.

When I run backup however, it still shows the Jun 16 index, and when I try to access it it says "insert the jun 16 2003 tape) because of course this tape does not match. I have tried everything to refresh the directory of this tape to no avail. Removable storage reports the tape correctly too, "media created Jun 09 2003) but Backup still just sees the tape I made today. unless I figure this out I don't hav a reliable backup which is bad times. (I do an xcopy backup scheduled to another hard drive in this machine as well, but if the pc catches fire I will lose it all unless I get this tape situation figured out.its an onstream SC 50 50 gig scsi tape drive. Any ideas? Is there something smple I am missing here?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

738 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-11
NTBackup?

Veritas BackupExec?

ArcServe Backup?

Legato?

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

581 Posts
Location -