Windows 2000 workstation slowing down shared application

I have a Windows 4. 0 server sharing an application in a small domain with 3 Windows 98 machines and 3 Windows 2000 machines. All users have the same rights to the shared application. One machine is slowing down the rest of the users speed in the application.

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-31
I have a Windows 4.0 server sharing an application in a small domain with 3 Windows 98 machines and 3 Windows 2000 machines. All users have the same rights to the shared application. One machine is slowing down the rest of the users speed in the application. It doesn't matter if it's one person accessing the application or 5, when this Windows 2000 machine accesses the application, it slows down everyone's connection. But the Windows 2000 machine that is slowing everyone down, has normal speed using the application while everyone else is extremely slow.
The 3 Windows 2000 machines have identical hardware and software. I am truly stumped by this problem. Help!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Here's some suggestions to check:

- Network card in the machine causing the slowdowns
- Network cable(s) between the server and the slow 2000 client (also includes any hubs, switches, or routers upstream)
- Network card drivers/firmware in the slow 2000 client
- MSKB ;-)
- Any missing Service Packs or hotfixes on either the NT Server or 2000 client

Good luck