Windows 2003 Logon woes....

Hey all, I got a Dual Boot setup with XP and 2003 on different partitions, but whenever i try to logon with 2003 it does the following: 1)I type the password in 2) Starts to logon 3)Loads background (default blue) 4) plays widnows sound thats all it does.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

238 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-25
Hey all,
I got a Dual Boot setup with XP and 2003 on different partitions, but whenever i try to logon with 2003 it does the following:
1)I type the password in
2) Starts to logon
3)Loads background (default blue)
4) plays widnows sound

thats all it does. I can access TaskManager by ctrl-alt-dlt and look at the services but thats about it.
Im thinking its something to do with explorer not working. Ive re-installed it 4 times, same result each time. The first time i logon it wokrs fine after every install, its the consecutive logons that fail.

The thing is, if i mess around with taskmanager and remove some of the SVCHOST processes (theres around 8 ) it will continue to logon. It also logs on fine in safe mode.

Im thinking theres a specific service possibly SVCHOST but im not sure, stopping it from loading explorer or something. But i dont know how to find it and disable it.

Your Help would be greatley appreciated!

Immortal

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

238 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-25
OP
Well, ive fixed the problem.
Its probbaly the stupidest workaround ever. All i have to do is leave a CD in the drive so that Windows detects the CD-RW... stupid.