is games good for this ?

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

120 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-08-21
is games good for this ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

1615 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-25
it is not for games but it runs them very well
you just have to turn on hardware acceleration.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
SERVER

it is not a "gaming" o/s

Maybe if u want to run UT dedicated server, but SERVER O/S = well, are amde to be servers, not for game playing (hence why they make XP home and PRO)

and if u got the right hardware, they will probably run fine.

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

1209 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-10-27
OSMAN, or should I say NTGAMEMAN...Windows.NET is a Server OS, why would you want to run games on it? Host it? Yes, run them yourself? Why bother?

It's all the same stuff

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

1207 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-27
For the same reason that we still keep on seeing:

Pls, why wont Half Life run on my PC running Win2k AS?

The user has found a download for this OS and rather than sticking to an illegal download of a workstation OS, they have gone one step further.
Bascially this is why I refuse point blank to answer any Win2k AS questions with relation to games/entertainment titles as these are obviously illegal downloads.
Going to really be the same for .net server, if you've got it legally you wont be using it as a general everyday OS.

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
/runon
Hmmm, So if I receive my .NET RC1 Server through my MSDN/Technet and install it on my computer at home so that I can learn about it and use it and also decide to play games with it then your not going to answer my questions? Good for me.

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
Well, seeing as you get one activation of the OS it would be surprising to see many people install it on a home system. In addition, the users of an OS of that level will probably have other systems with client-type OSs (Win9x/2K/XP) to play games on. Not to mention that in this version MS has gone through more effort to let everyone know that more things have been disabled/removed from it to for stability and security's sake. Knowing all this, I wouldn't be surprised that the majority of people asking questions regarding gaming on a server OS have indeed downloaded it as w4rez, and many people (like myself) may share Bladerunner's perspective on it.