Windows XP home oem(bought it) vs window 2000 sp2 or sp3

attention dosfreak what os is the best? if i do go with windows 2000. should i use sp2 + pre-sp3 fixes until sp3 has been out for 30 days. thanx.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

120 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-08-21
attention dosfreak
what os is the best?
if i do go with windows 2000. should i use sp2 + pre-sp3 fixes
until sp3 has been out for 30 days. thanx

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

120 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-08-21
OP
BOY! 148 people looking and no one replys

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

1207 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-27
The reason nobody is answering is mainly because there is no answer to this question.
If you search this very forum you'll find numerous attempts at a similar thread and each one of them ends the same way, an argument.

You know when you go out and buy a load of new components for your PC?
You take a look at the various motherboards, CPU's, memory, video cards etc.
Well you take a look at them all, usually you are working to a budget and you choose all those components that are going to serve your needs.
Your choise of OS should be no different, you have to simply consider it another component of your PC.
"Which is best" is an impossible question to answer and I mean that, anybody who attempts to give you a generalisation and say "OS x is better than OS y" is simply voicing their own opinions and nothing more.

For me the very best OS currently available is WinXP Professional.
It's fast, it's easy to use and very stable.
I have seen but one blue screen of death (NVidia driver issue) in the near year my current installation has been in use.
It plays every game I throw at it, it runs every application I throw at it.
All the "features" that everybody else moans about are moot, you cannot have a PC that connects to the Internet and expect infinite privacy.
PA is not an issue for me, as I said above in nearly 12 months I've installed and activated my copy of WinXP once, by that it will be 5 years before I have to phone up to activate - think maybe I'll have moved on before then.

However that is my own opinion and that is all I can give you, others I'm sure will do the same, that is until one person says something out of line, usually slagging off an OS another feels passionate about and then the arguments start.