Xerox printer in windows 2000 server

I am using a Xerox Phaser 8200 B printer. I have some weird things happening on it. There is a particular word document, that when I print it, will not print beyond the 3rd page. I can not print the 3rd page singly and all the other pages will not print.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-20
I am using a Xerox Phaser 8200 B printer. I have some weird things happening on it. There is a particular word document, that when I print it, will not print beyond the 3rd page. I can not print the 3rd page singly and all the other pages will not print. When this happens, not only does the printing stop, my printers folder empties and I have to reboot before I can see my printers again. I try printing from Fine Print and get the same results.

Now, the twist. I try printing the same document on the same printer across the network and everything works fine. The printer is even installed and shared on the computer that is having issues. I am running Win2000 pro on my laptop, which prints this document totally fine. I have deleted and reinstalled the printer on the host machine and this does not correct the problem. The machine is kinda old, a Dell Optiplex GX100, but does not experience this issue with any other document.

And, yes, I have attempted re-creating the document on a different machine and sharing it over. I get the same result on the same page from a freshly created doc. The document has graphics as well as text, but that has not bothered the printing before.

Any advise not involving a sledge hammer would be greatly appreciated. (The boss has strictly forbidden the use of demolition equipment/chemicals.)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

75 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-05-05
I had this exact same thing happen once.
In my case I never exactly figured out what was causing it. I only managed to narrow it down to the graphic I was using (can't remember what format it was as it was several years ago).
Anyway I finally managed to make it print by redoing the graphic in another format (convert to Gif, or bitmap or whatever as long as it's different than what it currently is) then re insert the graphic.

Hope this helps.