XP and 2000 both hang during install DFI UT NF3 250GB

Hello, I can't install XP, hangs everytime at setup is copying files, sometimes at 16% and sometimes at 14% tried different Hard Drive WD Caviar ATA, and tried different Windows install 2000 and had same problem, Stripped out everything fancy and put in a basic setup with an Abit MX400 video card, Samsung DDR333 1 ...

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-05-10
Hello, I can't install XP, hangs everytime at "setup is copying files", sometimes at 16% and sometimes at 14% tried different Hard Drive "WD Caviar ATA", and tried different Windows install "2000" and had same problem, Stripped out everything fancy and put in a basic setup with an Abit MX400 video card, Samsung DDR333 1 stick 256mb, AMD 64 2800+. AMD is no help, emailed tec support but who know how long that will take. what's wrong?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

748 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-05-21
Is this in the text or graphical part of the installation?
If you've swapped out everything, including RAM and processor, it looks like you may have a fubar'ed motherboard. Have you tried replacing the PSU, just in case it's that which is causing the trouble?

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

316 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-23
Maybe you could try downloading the latest BIOS image from DFI and applying that (via floppy/USB)?
I noticed that my 875P lanparty board works a lot better now

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

309 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-07-13
also try another stick of ram instead of the one you are using and I had a frustrating problem a while back when I would have it freezing up on me during the install and it turned out to be my printer plugged into the usb port. the printer has memory card slots and for some reason the setup kept looking at them instead of the hard drive and it would just lock up my system. so as soon as I unplugged the usb printer it all worked okay.
Now I don't think it is related to your issue but brought it up just in case...

S